Share your stories from CONSULTATIONS & CLASSES
Whether it’s about healing, passed loved ones, synchronicities, or an Aha! moment, many people find they have great stories to tell following a workshop or a consultation with Heather.
If you would like to share your story, please email it to Heather, or use the attached form to submit. In the event you’re sharing a story that has a photo to go along with it, you’re welcome to email that, too. Select stories may be included in the BLUE DOOR or a future print publication, so be sure to include the following information so we can give proper credit:
- your First Name, Last Initial
- US State or Country you live in
- Is your story related to a phone appointment, in-person appointment, or privately hosted event? If so, which and if there are any important specifics, be sure to include them.
- Is your story related to a workshop you’ve taken with Heather? If so, please include the workshop title and date/year you took the class (approximate is fine).
(**Please note that submission is voluntary and by doing so, you are granting copyright permissions to Heather Oelschlager, to use the submitted text and/or photo online or in print publication format).
Thank-You for sharing your stories!
What to WRITE About
FROM Appointments, Grief/Loss, Perspectives on Grief & Loss Workshop, and your Healing Process
- A grief question that was answered (whether during and/or events that transpired following the appointment)
- Important messages you received (that have helped your healing process)
- How you were able to connect to your loved one
- Healing or understanding that took place or followed
- What helped you the most in your grieving process
- How you’ve “transformed your relationship” (if you’ve been through the class, you know what that means exactly)
- What the significance was to you at the time
- What sort of information or message you received
- Any sort of synchronicity this may have played a part of
- Something you learned about yourself or your grieving process
- Something that helped you to help another person through their grieving process
- How the experience/healing was meaningful, moving….
- What surprised you
- What “signs” you got to validate the information
- How non-traditional insights about grief/healing have been helpful
- How being open to non-traditional healing helped, was relevant, affirming, or beneficial compared to a traditional, customary, or religious ideas/methods
Additionally, please include 1-5 questions about grief/death/dying/loss that you have or have had previously. Anything you were faced with, struggled with, or sought to understand during a grieving period is what I’m looking for. You could even include a common question you know a friend/family member has had. I’m accumulating a list of the most common questions people have when they find themselves in the midst of a loss. Be sure to include ones that people are usually afraid to ask, like “Is it okay that I’m really angry with ___?”
FROM Spiritual Development Workshops
Be sure to include the name of the class and explain/describe any topic, scenario, or exercise from the class that is relevant to your story. To add to ideas that you already have, consider the following:
- Why you took a certain class and how it was beneficial to your personal/spiritual growth
- What you learn that was unexpected
- Something that brought validation to you
- Something that was synchronistic
- How a class topic/conversation/exercise related to an event(s) in daily life
- What you learned about yourself or your spirituality
- How a class topic/conversation/exercise helped you
- How a class topic/conversation/exercise changed, inspired, motivated, or moved you
- What part of class paralleled other life events, or lead you to a next step or opportunity
- How your perspective grew or changed
- How you have used a new or improved skill in your daily life